Advanced Videoscopic And Laparoscopic Survey Center (Avlsc)
Minimally invasive surgery is the gold standard of practice in developed countries, we practice this here and now in a developing country and have been here since 2005. The challenges are immense but we strive for excellence
Personnel: the first assistants, registered nurses and specialized consultants are all well versed in the diverse array of equipment.
Sterilization: this is extremely important to us. We follow strict guidelines of CDC, FDA, SAGES and do not cut corners despite cost. Our Ritter autoclave is used for certain instruments, the rest are put through Rapizyme enzyme cleaner for decontamination prior to Perasafe (Dupont) disinfectant/sterilant to ensure complete sterilization. We make sure we completely eradicate all bacteria, fungi, parasites, spores and viruses in all our equipment.
Attire: we regularly wear medical scrubs and never shirts, cufflinks, ties or skirts. This enables easy patient contact and reduces infection rates to infinitesimal levels.
Length of hospitalization: we are of the opinion that a patient’s home bed is the place to be. We keep hospitalization to the barest minimum to reduce risk of thrombosis, hospital infections, etc.
DVT prophylaxis: all patients wear sequential compression stockings and at risk patients in addition wear the pump stocking garments in addition to low molecular weight heparin all to prevent DVT
Starch-free gloves: we only use starch and talc-free gloves to prevent adhesions, allergic reactions and granuloma formation
The following is a partial list of procedures which can be safely performed by this laparoscopic method:
Cholecystectomy (removal of gall bladder and stones)
Lysis of adhesions
Ovarian/Fallopian tube surgery including ectopic pregnancy
Hysterectomy (removal of the uterus)
Morbid obesity surgery
Investigation of infertility
Myomectomy(removal of certain types of fibroids)
Investigation of abdominal/pelvic pain, endometriosis and cancer
Gastro-esophageal reflux surgery
Laparoscopic surgery is a sub specialization of surgery and gynaecology and involves the use of an assortment of equipment and electricity.
It is not for everyone. It also has its own inherent complications such as perforation, bleeding, infection, thermal injury and carbon dioxide narcosis (extremely rare).
This modern form of surgery is now offered at a few specialized medical centres such as AVLSC both in Lagos and Abuja.
LAGOS: Enter Lekki Phase One through the rear gate (3rd Round About), Left turn at Manor Event Centre, Second Left turn unto Adebisi Oguniyi Str, Ist left turn unto Ohousi Itoya Street (Road 74)
ABUJA: Asokoro. Number One Mohammed Isma Close, near A.I.T., Off T.Y. Danjuma Street, Asokoro
Lagos: 22, Daniyan Natalia Str., Lekki Phase One
Abuja: 16, Thomas Sankara Str., Asokoro
Book Appointment by Online here
Yes, they do.
Cost depends on required Laparoscopy Surgery. Contact us for more details
- Hospital Address Lagos: 22, Daniyan Natalia Str., Lekki Phase One Abuja: 16, Thomas Sankara Str., Asokoro
- City Lagos
- Accreditation By Medical and Dental Council of Nigeria
- Country Nigeria
- Hospital Size 20 Beds
- Procedures Laparoscopic Endometriosis, Laparoscopic Hysterectomy, Laparoscopic Lap Radical Hysterectomy, Laparoscopic Surgeries On Ovaries, Laparoscopic Ovarian Cyst Removal, Laparoscopic Submucosal Fibroid Removal, Laparoscopic Endometrial Ablation, Laparoscopic Adhesion Removal, Laparoscopic Uterine Prolapse, Laparoscopic Sterilisation – Family Planning Surgery, Laparoscopic Ectopic Pregnancy, Laparoscopic Adhesiolysis, Laparoscopic PCOD, Laparoscopic Fallopian Tubes, Laparoscopic surgery for endometriosis, Laparoscopic myomectomy, Laproscopic appendicectomy, Laparoscopic cholecystectomy, Laparoscopy for chronic pelvic pain, Laparoscopic surgery for adnexal mass, tubo - ovarian abscess, Laproscopic repair of vesico - vaginal fistula, Laparoscopic unification surgery, Laparoscopic cervical encirclage, Laparoscopic uterine nerve ablation (LUNA), Laproscopic assisted neovaginoplasty, Laparoscopic surgeries during pregnancy ex: Appendicectomy, Twisted Ovarian cyst, Laparoscopic presacral neurectomy, Laproscopic varicocele ligation, Laparoscopic sling surgeries, Laproscopic Burch colposuspension and paravaginal repair for stress Urinary incontinence Laparoscopic sacrospinous Colpopexy/cervicopexy, Sacrocolpopexy/sacrocervicopexy
- Payment Modes
- Achievements Laparoscopic Fibroid Removal of large size
- Infrastructure Xray, Laparoscopic Machine Operation Theater
- Breakthrough Cases
- Mission To ensure the provision of excellent and modern healthcare services to our patients in a clean and friendly environment using highly skilled clinicians at all times.