Minimally Invasive surgical solutions Ltd (MISS) is both a laparoscopy training center and an Ambulatory Surgery center. The goal of the center is twofold in keeping with the mission of the company and the objectives of the founder. The first floor houses the laparoscopy skills training lab and the pig lab. Here, physicians/surgeons will at their own pace and leisure learn, improve upon and become proficient in basic laparoscopic skills.
The center has 7 laparoscopic boxes which will be individually assigned to each surgeon. The surgeons will perform tasks like peg transfer, cutting around a circular line, intracorporeal knot stitching, extracorporeal knot stitching and tying an endoloop. These skills are based on the principles of Fundamentals of Laparoscopic Surgery (FLS). Once surgeons become proficient at the basic laparoscopic tasks, they can then sign up for the live pig lab.
The pig lab is a mimic of a real laparoscopy suite. Here, surgeons will use live pigs to further hone in on their skills prior to doing the procedure on a real person.
The Ambulatory Surgery center occupies the 2nd floor of the building. There is a single laparoscopy/endoscopy suite with the most modern equipment in laparoscopy. The surgery center will be open March 2017. Physicians who have shown surgical proficiency in laparoscopy will be welcome to operate laparoscopically on their patients at the center.
The ultimate goal of the center is to provide a safe environment where patients can undergo ambulatory procedures and surgeons can feel confident that they will have the appropriate tools and support while performing laparoscopic surgery at the center
- Hospital Address 33F Oba Akinjobi Street Ikeja GRA, Lagos state.
- City Lagos
- Accreditation By Medical and Dental Council of Nigeria
- Country Nigeria
- Hospital Size 20 Beds
- Specialties Gynecology Obstetrics Pediatrics Infertility Minimally Invasive Surgeries
- Procedures Laparoscopic Endometriosis, Laparoscopic Hysterectomy, Laparoscopic Lap Radical Hysterectomy, Laparoscopic Surgeries On Ovaries, Laparoscopic Ovarian Cyst Removal, Laparoscopic Submucosal Fibroid Removal, Laparoscopic Endometrial Ablation, Laparoscopic Adhesion Removal, Laparoscopic Uterine Prolapse, Laparoscopic Sterilisation – Family Planning Surgery, Laparoscopic Ectopic Pregnancy, Laparoscopic Adhesiolysis, Laparoscopic PCOD, Laparoscopic Fallopian Tubes, Laparoscopic surgery for endometriosis, Laparoscopic myomectomy, Laproscopic appendicectomy, Laparoscopic cholecystectomy, Laparoscopy for chronic pelvic pain, Laparoscopic surgery for adnexal mass, tubo - ovarian abscess, Laproscopic repair of vesico - vaginal fistula, Laparoscopic unification surgery, Laparoscopic cervical encirclage, Laparoscopic uterine nerve ablation (LUNA), Laproscopic assisted neovaginoplasty, Laparoscopic surgeries during pregnancy ex: Appendicectomy, Twisted Ovarian cyst, Laparoscopic presacral neurectomy, Laproscopic varicocele ligation, Laparoscopic sling surgeries, Laproscopic Burch colposuspension and paravaginal repair for stress Urinary incontinence Laparoscopic sacrospinous Colpopexy/cervicopexy, Sacrocolpopexy/sacrocervicopexy
- Payment Modes
- Achievements Laparoscopic Fibroid Removal of large size
- Infrastructure Xray, Laparoscopic Machine Operation Theater
- Breakthrough Cases
- Mission To educate and train surgeons on minimally invasive procedures To provide a Surgery center where surgeons can operate laparoscopicaly on their individual patients.