Laparoscopic Sleeve Gastrectomy Surgery in Bangalore – Find Reviews, Cost Estimate and Book Appointment
Laparoscopic Sleeve Gastrectomy Surgery in Bangalore
Sleeve gastrectomy, also known as a vertical sleeve gastrectomy or gastric sleeve procedure, the outer stomach margin is removed to limit the intake of food, leaving a stomach sleeve, roughly the size and shape of a banana, and the pylorus, the muscle that controls the emptying of food from the stomach into the intestines. A gastrectomy of the sleeve is a highly restrictive operation.
By that the size of the stomach the sleeve gastrectomy helps the patient to feel satisfied after eating less and consuming fewer calories. The operation removes the portion of the stomach which generates a hormone which can make a patient feel hungry.
Sleeve gastrectomy is a simpler operation than the gastric bypass procedure, because it does not involve intestinal re-routing or reconnection. Unlike the Lap-band, sleeve gastrectomy does not involve the use of a banding tool for implantation around a portion of the stomach.
Sleeve Gastrectomy May be Performed for the Following Reasons:
- Body Mass Index is greater than 60
- Severe comorbidities (cardiac, pulmonary, liver disease)
- Advanced age
- Inflammatory bowel disease (Crohn’s disease)
- Need to continue specific medications (anti-inflammatory medicines, transplant medications)
- Need for continued surveillance of the stomach (that couldn’t be evaluated after a gastric bypass)
- Severely enlarged liver found during the operation
- Severe adhesions (scarring) to the bowel found during the operation
- Any combination of the above that significantly increases the patient’s risk
Laparoscopic Sleeve Gastrectomy Surgeons in Bangalore
Laparoscopic Sleeve Gastrectomy Surgery Cost
|Laparoscopic Sleeve Gastrectomy Surgery in City||Cost – From (INR)||Cost – Upto (INR)|