Laparoscopic Nephrectomy Surgery in Bangalore
Laparoscopic Nephrectomy is a common way to extract a diseased or cancerous kidney. Laparosopic Nephrectomy is a minimally invasive procedure, so it can mean considerably less post-operative discomfort relative to traditional open surgery, shorter hospital stay, quicker return to work and everyday activities, a more desirable cosmetic result and results similar to those of open surgery.
Patients may need Laparoscopic Nephrectomy if,
1. The infections may have weakened the kidney and thus removal is needed.
2. The kidney can not work or only operate partially, if left in place it may be a source of infection or pain.
3. A cancer in the kidney may have been found, and removal of the kidney is the standard treatment for that.
If cancer is diagnosed in the kidney, removing the adrenal gland which lies at the top of the kidney at the same time is often necessary. Some kidney cancers in the ureter (a tube carrying urine from the kidney to the bladder) have a greater risk for cancer recurrence. If this is noticed, the ureter will also be cut, which means a small incision will be made lower down on the abdominal wall as well as the other minor incisions. The doctor will explain why you had the kidney removed.
Advantages of Laparoscopic Nephrectomy
1. Smaller incision of the skin — about four incisions of 1 cm, rather than a 30 cm cut.
2. Less discomfort due to smaller incisions, and the muscles are separated instead of sliced.
3. Better view owing to machine magnification.
4. Shorter hospital stay-about 3 to 5 days in hospitals, relative to the open surgery week or longer.
5. The opportunity to return to work within 2 to 4 weeks, compared to 6 weeks or more following conventional open surgery.
6. Less blood loss, and lower blood transfusion requirement.
7. Low Cost Nephrectomy Surgery
Laparoscopic Nephrectomy Surgeons in Bangalore
Laparoscopic Nephrectomy Surgery Cost
|Laparoscopic Nephrectomy Surgery in City||Cost – From (INR)||Cost – Upto (INR)|